Metabolism- Can We Speed It Up?
More often that not, I come across people that complain that their metabolism has “slowed down” and not too many that complain that it’s “too high” and “I have trouble gaining weight”! How many of us would love that problem? Sure there are some people and children, of course, that have a bottomless pit when it comes to being able to eat whatever they want and not gain weight or at least, maintain.
If you fall into the category of metabolism being at a snails pace, don’t despair! There are activities we can do to turn it around to REV it UP! One of these centers around what we eat!
TOP 5 THINGS TO EAT TO SPEED UP YOUR METABOLISM
- Water– Keep your water bottle handy all day long! Drinking water can keep your body lean by helping nutrients flow and help wash away toxins. Did you know cold water can help to boost metabolism too? Shoot for 1/2 your body weight in ounces to make sure your consuming an adequate amount.
- Lean Proteins– Eating protein raises your metabolism while helping your body burn energy faster which will give you a higher calorie burn. Try to add it to every meal. Solid choices are eggs, fish, chicken, lean meats, bison, sardines and greek yogurt.
- Fiber– Did you know that some fiber can rev your fat burn by as much as 30%. Studies find that women who eat the most fiber in foods gain the least weight over time. Aim for about 25 g a day—the amount in about three servings each of fruits and vegetables. Complex carbs like oatmeal, bran, flaxseed are great add ins.
- Black Coffee and Black Tea- Caffeine is considered a stimulant, so your daily java jolts can rev your metabolism 5 to 8% and a cup of brewed tea can raise your metabolism by 12%! Sweet! Let’s make time for a relaxing cup daily 😉
- Spices– Additives to your cooking like jalapeños, chili peppers, cayenne pepper, chili powders and other spicy foods help to speed up your heart and heat up your body. This makes your burn calories to cool your body down. Here’s to spicing it up!
Other helpful foods are oils, seeds, tomatoes, garlic, asparagus and cabbage.
You may also find this interesting about foods that slow down your metabolism…who knew?
I hope you find this helpful and if you need help, in general, to get back on track to improve your health, please reach out and lets schedule a one to one consultation 😉