What Inspires You to Make No Excuses?
Self motivation can be a tough thing for many but for some it seems to come naturally. Have you ever met a person who gets knocked down physically, time after time, but they don’t let that become an excuse to get up and keep going? Meanwhile, you may know several people who let a minor injury derail them for weeks as they use that as an excuse to not do anything.
What is it about those who have such determination, grit and that fighting attitude? Do they just have qualities that others don’t or do we all have that inner warrior spirit deep inside that just needs to be stirred up so we can achieve great things and have the life we want to have?
I believe we all have the ability to have that positive attitude to turn things around, to fight back when things don’t go our way and to just start saying “enough is enough”! We all lead busy lives and it is so easy to make excuses. I hear it all the time from the clients I consult with and coach especially when it comes to fitness and health. Listen as I share my thoughts and maybe this list of tips can help if you are in need of breaking through the “excuse” barrier.
TIPS TO CHANGING YOUR MINDSET TO BE POSITIVE
Know Yourself and what Motivates You
- Watch a inspirational video you can relate to– I know that I am motivated by others that push through pain, disabilities and hardship. Watching a video (like the one I share below) motivate me to look at my excuses in a different light
- Post a Motivational picture– If you find a picture of a person, a place or event that stirs something in you, display it where you can view it everyday.
- Listen to Music that lifts You Up– Does Rocky come to mind? There are many songs that can totally turn your attitude upside down and get you moving and grooving!
- Find a Motivational Speaker that Speaks to You– There are many podcasts available of popular speakers who are sure to pump you up and help to change your mindset. Some that come to mind are Darren Hardy, Tony Robbins, Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson to name a few.
- Motivational Quotes– The internet gives us access to amazing inspirational quotes. It doesn’t take long to read one that catches your eye and makes you want to be better 😉
- Surround Yourself with a Community of Others to Keep You Accountable– When you are expected to show up and check in to others that are committing to your groups goal, you will be more apt to push through excuses.
SO WORTH WATCHING!
Let this amazing story inspire you to never give up even when faced with unimaginable circumstances. I know it effected me…
Please click below if you would like to discuss how I can help you get over your excuses and live your best life 😉