Changes I Made to be FIT and FAB over 50 Series. TIP #5-Find Your Tribe
Beginning a new journey whether it is to be health conscious, fitness minded, career oriented, have a baby or just learning a new hobby can be tough if you go it alone. We all need a little help to get started, motivation to stick to it and support to see it to the end, don’t we?
I don’t think I really understood the impact my support system would have on my success and reaching the goals that I had set for myself. I was scared to share with people what my plan was. Once I shared my goal openly, I couldn’t go back now, I couldn’t fail. But I learned that, by doing so, my partners on this journey had my back and I, in turn, had theirs. We were in this together!
Being a part of a group of others, pretty much with the same intentions, made me strive to stay connected, not just for myself, but to be the inspiration others in the group needed. I believe it made a huge difference in making sure I didn’t quit!
Tips To Stay On Track and Connected
- Find an accountability partner, someone to be your cheerleader.
- Join a Facebook group of people that you can relate to
- Find a local fit club
- Start a fitness accountability group, either locally or online
- Invite others to a short challenge like a 30 day or 6 week event
- Meet once a week with like minded people to share ideas, recipes and inspiration
- Communicate with your partner and other loved ones about your commitment to health and fitness, and ask for help.
- Feel free to join one of my private accountability groups. The more the merrier 😉
Check out this article for even more advice on why a fitness support system works
I am so grateful for the community that I found and am a member of. I urge you to find your TRIBE to keep accountable to others and more importantly….yourself 😉
“For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.”